The ClearView Welcome Team invites you to attend a Newcomers Meet ‘n Greet on October 31 or November 28, 2021
Who? Those who are new to ClearView Church, or just interested in learning more about us
What? A brief time to mix and mingle, followed by light refreshments and conversation with Pastor Phil and other staff (Play activities will be available for young children.)
When? Right after the morning service
Where? In the foyer or gym (depending on group size)
Why? To provide an opportunity for newcomers to learn more about ClearView and for all of us to get to know each other better
What about COVID protocols?
Masks should be worn by all except small children. Masks may be removed when seated in household bubbles for refreshments.
Is REGISTRATION required?
Yes, it is. Please register HERE.
Join us for this first of three adult seminars entitled: How (NOT) to Read Your Bible. Pastor Phil will lead this one and a half hour interactive session on how to read the Bible...the way it was meant to be read. Come and find out new and fresh ways to read scripture and grow your understanding of the living Word. REGISTER HERE for in-person attendance. If you are not able to make it to the church but would still like to attend, please consider joining us on Zoom. CLICK HERE for the Zoom link.
This fall, we're introducing: Thursday Night's at ClearView and there is something for everyone! There are girls and boys clubs, adult seminars, men's gym night, not to mention "FX" or "Family Experience". Big picture, Thursday Nights at ClearView were created with you in mind and there is something for everyone! Our hope is that you and your household will select the programs or courses that are of interest to you, engage with others who are curious about the same things and expand, strengthen and grow your life with God. We hope you'll join us!
Family Experience - "FX" is a great night out with the family and a wonderful way to spend time together watching and participating in a live presentation of games, drama, activities, songs and more! We hope you'll join this dynamic event and have a super fun-tastic evening growing in faith all together. "FX" is held on the first Thursday of the month.
Jr Youth - ClearView Youth is a place for young people to grow in their relationship with Christ. We discuss relevant biblical topics that grow spirituality, develop leadership and build stronger commitments and relationships. During the school year, our Youth have many opportunities to serve our community, join local and international mission and service trips, and show God’s love to each other and to our neighbours. Jr Youth is held on the first Thursday of the month as well as one Friday night per month.
Cadets - ClearView Cadets is a club where boys learn more about God, themselves and the world around them. Cadets spend time engaging in wood crafts, sports, science experiments and wilderness activities. Together with their counsellors, the Cadets discover who God has created them to be, how God wants them to relate to one another and how God wants to use them in the world. Cadets is held every second, third and fourth Thursday nights of the month.
GEMS — “Girls Everywhere Meeting the Savior” — is a club for young girls to make new friends, participate in worship, play games, make crafts and do service projects that help people all around the world… all while having fun! Gems is held every second, third and fourth Thursday nights of the month.
Men's Gym Night - Thursday evenings from 9-11 pm, men 18+ are welcome to join in for pick-up floor hockey in our full-size gym. All skill levels welcomed.
September 30, 2021 marks the first National Day of Truth and Reconciliation in Canada. The day has a longer history, also known as Orange Shirt day which was a commemoration for children forced to leave their families and attend residential schools. The “orange shirt” refers to the new shirt that Phyllis Webstad was given to her by her grandmother for her first day of school at St. Joseph’s Mission residential school in British Columbia. When Phyllis got to school, they took away her clothes, including her new shirt which was never returned.
Orange Shirt Day is now a federal holiday called the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. On this day Canadians are encouraged to wear an orange shirt and to participate in activities to promote learning and awareness of the residential school experience, to recognize its ongoing impact on Indigenous communities, to honour the healing journey of the survivors and their families, and to commit to the ongoing process of reconciliation.
As Christians who believe that God is reconciling all things in heaven and on earth (Col. 1:20), we are called to participate in the witness and work of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:18). For Christians in Canada this National Day of Truth and Reconciliation is so very important for us to actively and meaningfully participate. Since it’s a brand new commemoration, you might be wondering how you can observe this day. Here are a few suggestions:
- The National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation has scheduled online events open to the general public all week. These events will be covering the topics of land and treaties, language and culture, truth and reconciliation, the history of Orange Shirt Day and the legacy of the Residential School System, and the vital continuation of Indigenous knowledge. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Take time to reflect on and pray through the calls to action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. You can watch a video prayer (from CRC Canadian Indigenous Ministry Committee) HERE and read a printed version HERE
- Listen to a podcast reflection that will guide you through three calls to action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission with prayer and reflection prompts. You can find the podcast HERE (hosted by World Renew, the Office of Social Justice, and the Centre for Public Dialogue of the Christian Reformed Church of North America).
- Lea Wilkening from ClearView Church is hosting a gathering at her home at 2pm on Thursday afternoon, an opportunity sit around a fire, read the 94 Calls to Action and explore how to honour the beautiful people of this country going forward. If you’d like to join, please email Lea (email@example.com) to RSVP and then Lea can send you more information (address and directions).
Thanks to all of you for taking the time to read this and for prayerfully reflecting on how you can contribute to the work of truth and reconciliation.
Your pastor and friend,
Mark these FIRST FRIDAYs of the month and join us for this NEW night out for the adult women of ClearView and community:
October 1, December 3, February 4, April 8
Here is what you can expect:
- Gathering in the worship center, safely distanced for a game, a devotion, and some songs (please wear your mask)
- Gathering in the foyer, safely distanced (4 to a table) for an activity or craft, great conversation and Covid friendly pre-packaged food (please wear your mask unless eating)
Doors open at 7:15 for check-in
Event starts at 7:30
Ends at 9:00 pm
And don’t forget to wear your favourite “Covid outfit” – the comfy sweats that you’ve been living in for the past 18 months – and join us for a relaxed Friday night of FUN, FOOD and FELLOWSHIP.
CLICK HERE to REGISTER